Sunday, September 7, 2014

A little about myself and family


     Since the day I was born, my mom wanted me to achieve more than what she ever did. I say that because when she talks about my future she always says to pursue even more than what she had given me. I think her purpose has always been to keep my head held high and accomplish my goals as she did and to aspire to even beyond that. In my family there are two sides, in my dad’s side no everyone finished or even went to college. My mom’s side all went to college and graduated. Since my parents are divorced, what I only hear is to finish my studies and that do not make the same mistakes some of my other family members had done.


     I live with my mom and I’m the only child. I’m mom’s little baby as she refers to me, even though I’m almost 21, because I do not have any brothers so I’m her only treasure. Being the only child has its privileges and a lot of advantages. For example, my birthday is in November 23, a month from Christmas. I do receive gifts on both dates and sometimes even in Three King’s Day. I’m sure that if I had brothers I would not have gifts on all those dates, and if by chance I do, it would be far less than what I receive now. I get all the attention and all the cooking is for me, can it be any better than that? I do not think so, other only child’s should understand me perfectly.

 
     As I told before, my mom always told me to exceed her achievements, and do not know if that will happen, but I’m optimistic thinking about it. I’m studying finance in UPR Rio Piedras and my biggest goal up to the present is to be a successful broker. That could change when I enter the field in a couple of years but I’m sure that from finance I will not change. I like the idea of stocks and numbers, makes me happy. So that’s where my goal is heading, I know the path towards it will not be easy but I’m up to the challenges and even better at with the support of my family and friends.

 


 

2 comments:

  1. I can identify myself with your post. My parents are always telling to me that I have to accomplish more than what they did. I found funny that you say "all the cooking is for me". Haha! You can't deny you love food! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you talk about your mom is really inspiring. Being an only child is something I've never experienced. I really love food as well Haha!

    ReplyDelete